Archive for April, 2013


Central in 1957

1957 Pg  043

Shows One of the Side Entrances to the Original School Building

1913 Pg 0039

Home Ec Room 1965

1966-002

1966-001

Rail System 1905

Construction began in 1906 on the site of the powerhouse and car barn of Chattanooga Electric Railway.

Information from one of the original placards at the entrance on the Dodds Avenue building.

Placard was relocated to the new school building on Hwy 58.

CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL

OF

HAMILTON COUNTY

ERECTED UNDER LEGISLATIVE 

ACT OF 1899 AND BY RESOLUTION

OF THE COUNTY COURT

APRIL TERM 1906

SETH M. WALKER – COUNTY JUDGE

R. L. JONES – COUNTY SUP’T

T. S. MOODY – GENERAL CONTRACTOR

CHAS E. SMITH – STONE

ALLEN & CURRY – BRICK

ADAMS & ALSUP ARCHITECTS 

Research by Buffy Hoge

plaque 1

plaque 2

2012_02_23_13_23_22

Very few photos capture the interior better than this one.

Interior